A 7 Step Goal Setting Process for Hitting Your Next Rank in 30 Days (or Less)
Time waits for no one. It seems like it was just yesterday when we were discussing creating dream boards and writing down our goals for the year….2016! Yet, here we are, coming into the final quarter of 2016. Are there some things on your dream board or goals that you have yet to accomplish? If so, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. This 7 step goal setting process will help all of us finish 2016 strong.
[WEBINAR REGISTRATION] FACEBOOK MARKETING LIVE Q&A *
“Industry’s #1 FaceBook Authority Takes YOUR Questions LIVE this Wednesday
Let us preface this post by saying that there’s nothing to beat yourself up about. It happens to all of us. We strive to achieve a goal and somewhere, along the way, we get distracted by life occurrences, or changes in our business, and we simply have to readjust. Making goals helps to keep us on track with where we desire to be in life and in business. However, we have to allow for some flexibility in our goal planning to accommodate such distractions.
When that happens, use this 7 step process for setting goals that may need minor adjustments:
- Figure out what’s your #1 desire – write down exactly what you are looking to achieve. That could be hitting the next rank in your business or reaching a certain income level, writing your first book, etc. Whatever it is, write it down.
- Determine what’s your WHY – look at the bigger picture and take yourself out of the equation. It’s a given that you’re doing what you’re doing to provide a better life for you and your family but what purpose does it serve? How can you help others with what you’re doing? Think about the bigger picture.
- Make a plan – now that you know what your #1 desire is and the bigger picture of your WHY, what’s your plan? How will you get this done? Create a daily plan of action that will cause you to do something that works your business or bring you one step closer to your goal every day. Writing goals holds you accountable and gets it done so WRITE it down!
- Believe – going full force to finish the rest of the year strong is not going to be an easy feat. Write down affirmations that will keep you laser focused and cause your mind and your heart to believe that you are capable of what you’re physically trying to achieve. Say them out loud. Let your ear hear what your mouth speaks. Saying it aloud gets into your subconscious mind convincing it to believe that what you’re saying is true.
- Take massive action – get to work. Look at your plan, keep your #1 desire and your WHY in front of you AND go to work.
- Visualize – see yourself in action. Mentally visualize yourself doing the task, working your business, and achieving your goal. Visualization enables to you to feel more confident in your approach because you’ve already mentally seen yourself doing it.
- Think about what will happen if you DON’T achieve it – let the pain of you not achieving your goal, or that next rank, fuel you to go hard or go home. Think about the person you set out to help come up the ranks with you or who’s depending on you to finish strong…how would they feel if you didn’t achieve it? Remember that pain and don’t lose sight of the goal that’s set before you.
Goal achievement will come easy when we set aside the distractions and get laser focused. If you want it bad enough, then you can do it.
We hope you found today’s post on the 7 step goal setting process for hitting your next rank in 30 days (or less) enlightening. If you found today’s post to be of value to you, then we would love for you to leave a comment below. Also, if you believe this information would be a blessing to someone else, then feel free to share it with others.
Until next time….
Stay in it to win it,
Joe & Shelly King