The Top 10 Self Sabotaging Types of Mindsets You Need to Avoid
At some point throughout your entrepreneurial career, you may have found yourself being subjected to one of these self sabotaging types of mindsets. Today’s post will not only enlighten but also encourage you to be aware of the signs and to also know how to turn things around for the better.
Register for Wednesday night’s webinar here:
Want the inside scoop & business tips that will explode your business within the next 24 Hours from a $8K/pp Mastermind Retreat ABSOLUTELY free?
Here are the top 10 types of self sabotaging behaviours we should avoid:
- Comparison – the Big C is a no-no. Regardless of how much or how little you see yourself doing in your business “compared” to someone else is not your worry. What is for you is for you. Don’t look to the left or to the right. Just focus on your own race and give it all you got to get it done.
- Self-doubt – This kills your capabilities. Who says that you can’t do something? Is it you? Or, someone told you that you couldn’t? When thoughts like this creep up in your mind, immediately tell yourself the opposite. Keep repeating it to yourself until you believe it to be so.
- Fear – The biggest killer of them all. You do realize that FEAR stands for false evidence appearing real? When we subjected ourselves to fear, we’re giving that “thing” more power over us than necessary. Don’t allow yourself time to think about the act/activity you need to do in order to propel your business forward. Just do it. The victory is waiting for you on the other side and once you’re done with it, you’ll be glad that you did it.
- Perfection – Do you see yourself as a “Perfect Patty”? Waiting until everything is perfectly setup or in place is killing your growth. Here’s something that a mentor of ours once told us: “throw some s%^$ on the wall & clean it up as you go”. While it may come off as harsh, he’s absolutely right, just put it out there and clean up/tweak it as you go.
- Scarcity – Stop thinking small/little of yourself. Aren’t you worth it? You have dreams and you have goals. Begin to think bigger.
- Easily overwhelmed – Breathe, scale back and prioritize your tasks. Focus on one strategy until you see results then build from there. Trying to do everything at once gets you nowhere fast.
- Responsibility – When things don’t go right in your business, don’t place the blame on anyone else but yourself. You are the only one responsible for your business. Take ownership and rise to the occasion.
- Beliefs – Whether they are those that you grew up believing or new found beliefs, if they are not causing you to grow & step outside your comfort zone, then you have to set aside some personal time to get quiet and get into His word. Find out what His perspective is for your life and then stand firm on that belief.
- Worthiness – The only way you’ll change your mind about how you see yourself is to begin speaking, into existence, those things you foresee yourself being even though they may not yet be. Make sense? Speak affirmations over your life and repeat them until learning takes place.
- Timing – You’ve heard that saying that “timing is everything”. It is but then it isn’t. Why? Because tomorrow is not promised to anyone so you have to seize the moment when it happens. And, if that means right now, well then, you have to seize the moment right now.
Hopefully, this list of self sabotaging types of mindsets we need to avoid has helped you to better understand why do people self sabotage. It boils down to the different mindsets that people embrace and their inability to “want” to change them. Don’t get caught in that vicious cycle. Do something today that your tomorrow self will thank you for.
We appreciate you stopping by. If you found today’s post to be of value to you, then we would love for you to leave a comment below. Also, if you believe this information would be a blessing to someone else, then feel free to share it with others.
Until next time….
Stay in it to win it,
Joe & Shelly King